So so good. I know I say this about most things I’ve made so far but this one hit the spot today!
For the Cauli Rice:
2-3 cloves garlic
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp ground ginger
Salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat and add the crushed garlic.
- In your food processor or blender, blend the cauliflower florets until they look like rice!! (Or breadcrumbs)
- Add to the pan and stir into coconut oil and garlic.
- Turn up the heat and add the ginger, salt and pepper. Remove from heat when the cauliflower is steaming but not mushy.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an air tight container
For the sauce:
– 1 tin chopped tomatoes
– 1 tbsp basil
– 1/2 onion
– olive oil
– 5-6 button mushrooms, sliced as desired!
– 2 garlic cloves or a tsp garlic powder
– salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and onion.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Add water to the can and swill it round, and add this to the sauce before throwing away the can.
- Turn down to simmer once it begins to boil. It’s now ready for the meatballs.
For the meatballs:
– ground beef – I used about 250-300g of my red ruby beef from my pipers farm box.
– 1 large tablespoon coconut flour (almond meal can also be used)
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp pepper
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp basil (ground)
– 1/8 cup water.
– 1 egg
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and basil, then add the water and mix until it looks like breadcrumbs but isn’t clumped.
- Add the minced beef and garlic and mix in well until all of the bread crumbs are mixed in and add the egg. Mix it in well.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into meat balls and place them in the sauce. They should be covered by the sauce, but if they aren’t just make sure to turn them over a few times so they cook all the way through.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow them to cook on a medium low heat for 30 mins or until cooked through.
- Devour! Serve over cauliflower rice or courgette noodles*!
*using a julienne peeler or spiralizer