Happy shrove Tuesday everyone! (Hope I spelled that right!)
Easter will be here soon…. But first! Pancake day! And guess what… Students can afford pancakes too.
I’ve got a new recipe – tried and tested and it’s fabulous – I’m suffering from a bit of a chesty cough at the moment so these cheered me up a lot! 🙂 I know this blog isn’t only meant to be about recipes but it would be selfish not to share this one!
– 1 cup flour. (To make gluten free use chickpea flour – that’s the one I used (in the pictures))
– 1 cup almond/hemp/koko milk
– 1 tbsp coconut oil (olive can probably be used too but I haven’t tried that!) and a little extra for frying.
- Stir/blend* together flour and milk until smooth with no lumps.
- Stir in coconut oil and put in the fridge for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour a little oil into the frying pan and use a paper towel to coat the pan.
- Put it on medium heat for a few minutes to warm up – it’s really important that it’s no higher than medium or the crepes will burn!
- Pour approx. 1/2 cups worth of batter into the pan, then pick it up and make the batter spears until it covers the bottom of the pan by tilting it.
- Cook until the edges are done and the middle bit of the creep is tacky – kind of half dry, then flip it over. And cook for up to a minute on the other side.
- Turn out onto a plate and cover with lemon and sugar or agave/maple syrup.
- Huzzah – crepes. It makes about 6 big ones 🙂
NB: The first one might come out a little thinner than the others, this is normal! Also the pan kinda makes them better and better as you go as it gets to the right temperature.
*I used my largest nutri-bullet cup and the extractor blade.