You guys…. LOOK at these!!!
Want the recipe? Of course you do! The great thing about these (and most recipes I make) is that you usually have all of the ingredients already and they are super simple. The secret ingredient to these is *drumroll* ….. chickpeas! Yup! Chickpeas – they are amazing and give it a chewy texture 🙂
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or agave/ liquid-y sweetener of choice (I would add another tbsp. if you’re using maple syrup and it’s not sweet enough for you – test the batter before you put it in the oven)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder/raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. soy/almond/plant milk (and an extra one-two if the mixture is too dry!)
- Handful of dates
- 1/2 cup soy/almond/plant milk
- 1 heaped tbsp. cocoa powder/raw cacao powder
1/ Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (Fan 180C/400F/Gas 6) and line / grease a small baking disk 8×8 with baking paper/coconut oil.
2/ Put all ingredients for the brownie into your food processor/blender and mix well.
3/ If the mixture seems too dry add the extra tbsps. of milk
4/ Spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish. It will be quite sticky.
5/ Put in the oven for ~30 mins… I needed less time because I had a fan oven so make sure you check it.
It will have a hard crust when it’s done and will feel like it’s not done in the middle (this makes it chewy!!)
6/ Leave it to cool.
7/ In the meantime make the chocolate glaze by blending the dates and milk in your blender, then transferring them to a small sauce pan and simmering on a lower heat for 5 mins, or until warm and smooth.
8/ Stir in the tbsp. cocoa powder and stir until glossy and smooth. Don’t worry if there are some date chunks left, sometimes they don’t all blend up!
9/ Let the sauce cool down and thicken up before smoothing it on top of your brownies. Cut the brownies into squares/shapes…
You can thank me later 😉