Muffins you say? Yes… chocolate muffins.
They should look something like this – although I took mine out a little early so they dipped in the middle! But they are so gooey and tastey that I wanted to share the recipe anyway! I found this recipe on Pinterest so it’s not really mine… I’ll attach the link so you can find the website: http://www.twiggstudios.com/2015/02/vegan-avocado-chocolate-muffins-with/
But here’s my version which I’ve modified slightly…. hope you like it!
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1 & 1/2 cup plain flour (185g)
1 cup brown sugar (220g)
1 cup avocado, mashed (about 1 & 3/4 of a medium one!)
1 & 1/2 cups water (370ml)
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
Add 4 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180c or 350f and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. Mash or purée the green inside part of the avocado in a blender or with a potato masher.
3. Add the water, cocoa, flour,sugar, vanilla, and baking powder and mix until smooth.
4. Fold in cacao nibs.
5. Spoon equal amounts into muffin cases – fill about 3/4 of the case.
6. Bake for 25-30mins until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. LEAVE TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE EATING** otherwise it will stick to the cupcake case and fall apart!
**Note: I’ve increased the baking time because I took mine out at 20 mins and they caved in! Also I tried to eat one fresh out of the oven and it fell apart – you have to let them cool completely cos then they peel away easily and in one piece.
N.B. Could be topped with the date frosting on the brownie recipe I posted a few posts back for an extra edge!